C.O.R.E. is Morito Scovill Americas’ commitment to preserve our Earth’s resources and produce products using eco-friendly manufacturing methods. By educating our customers about C.O.R.E., it allows us to influence garment designs and help the industry move toward more sustainable and eco-friendly alternatives.
C.O.R.E. manufacturing methods will never utilize processes such as electroplating, sandblasting, color filling and paint baking. By removing these processes, significantly less water and power will be consumed, while also decreasing emissions during production.
Furthering our commitment to eco-friendly manufacturing, Morito Scovill Americas is partnering with the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC). The SAC is an organization dedicated to reducing unnecessary environmental harm and impact in the textile industry. They provide several tools to help manufacturers track and improve their sustainability performance, which will continue to guide and advance our efforts into the future.
Prior to 2020, Morito Scovill Americas made several upgrades to our Clarkesville, Ga., manufacturing facility to improve our environmental footprint, including:
- An in-house Wastewater Treatment Plant to effectively control and properly treat manufacturing wastewater.
- Counter-Flow Rinse Systems that reduce finish plating water consumption by approximately 50%.
- An LED lighting retrofit to reduce lighting energy consumption by 68%.
- Consistent efforts to keep Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) or Hazardous Air Pollutant (HAP) discharge at less than 10% of the allowable limit.
- Up to 90% recycled corrugated packaging and up to 80% recycled plastic packaging to ship all products.
We are committed to improving our sustainable manufacturing process to help protect what we all have in common – The Earth.
Beginning in 2021, we will extend our sustainability efforts by announcing several new commitments that will provide meaningful improvements for our processes, products and partners.
Upgrade your sustainable garment designs today!
Fill out the form below and we will contact you about integrating our eco-friendly products into your designs.