Morito Scovill Americas Gives Back to the Community through The Volunteers For Literacy of Habersham County
Morito Scovill Americas was proud to participate in the 9th Annual Deck-A-Duck Contest! Inspector Grommet was a unique creation utilizing products and materials from our Clarkesville, Ga. manufacturing plant. We were honored to win 3 out of the 4 categories: “Best All-Around”, “Best Literature Theme”, & “People’s Choice”!
How Inspector Grommet was created:
- HAT – made from a recycled CD case, felt and internal brass spring parts
- GOGGLES – made from recycled K-Cups and UniHold™
- EYES – made from custom Duramark® gem accents
- MONOCLE – made from a DOT® Rolled-Rim Stainless Steel Grommet, DOT® Durable™ internal socket rings and a brass nameplate
- BOWTIE – made from felt, Duramark® burrs and custom Duramark® gem accents
- COLLAR – made from a raw stainless-steel strip
- BUTTONS – made from custom Duramark® gem accents
- WINGS – made from modeling clay, DOT® Rolled-Rim Stainless Steel Grommet, DOT® Durable™ Stainless Steel Screw Stud and DOT® Durable™ internal socket rings
- STRIP ACCENTS – made from modeling clay and Duramark® burrs
- BOOK – a replica of “The Mill on Mad River”, a novel by Howard Clark, published in 1948, based on the founding of the Scovill Company at the turn of the 19th century
A big thank you to all the employees at Morito Scovill Americas who put their time and creative effort into creating this amazing duck! For more information about Morito Scovill Americas please Contact Us or complete the form.